Stephen Ministry is a one-to-one caring ministry. It matches a trained Stephen Minister with an individual needing high-quality, confidential, Christ-centered care during a difficult time in life, such as bereavement, divorce, job loss, chronic or terminal illness, relocation, or separation due to military deployment.
CAN A STEPHEN MINISTER HELP YOU? DO YOU NEED HELP?
- Have you recently suffered a loss?
- Are you new in the community and feeling uprooted?
- Do you doubt God's presence and love for you?
- Do your job worries seem too great to handle? Are they getting you down?
- Are you or someone you love facing hospitalization or surgery?
- Are you feeling depressed? Do you often wish you had someone to share your thoughts with?
- Are you confused about events in your life?
- Are you hurting?
A STEPHEN MINISTER IS...
- A caring Christian - desiring to offer support to others in time of need by listening, encouraging, praying, being dependable and trustworthy, and maintaining confidentiality in their caregiving
- A sharing Christian - bringing who he/she is to each helping relationship, as a partner in another person’s life experiences
- A trained Christian - having developed helping skills through intensive coursework
- A dedicated Christian - one committed to confidential, in-depth caring
A STEPHEN MINISTER IS NOT...
- A professional pastor, therapist, counselor, or psychologist
- A social worker providing lots of physical services
- An expert in law, finance, church doctrine, etc.
- A brief, superficial visitor “touching base” with people every now and then
BECOMING A STEPHEN Minister
Would you like to be trained as a Stephen Minister?
Stephen Ministry is a distinctively Christian caring ministry that provides one-on-one support to individuals experiencing all kinds of life challenges and needs.
If you have any of the spiritual gifts of mercy, encouragement, or wisdom, and have a heart for ministering to individuals experiencing difficult challenges of life, Stephen Ministry is the ministry for you.
For more information on how to become a Stephen Minister, contact Pastor Paul, today.